Friday, December 13, 2013
Friday, July 12, 2013
POSTER: Drawings of Campobello Island – Harper’s Weekly late 1800s
Full-sized poster of fascinating drawings of Campobello Island showing Head Harbour, the huge fishing fleet, The Friar, A General view from Lubec and the fabulous East Quoddy Lighthouse. Artist Harry Fenn. Perfect for your den, office or cottage. Late 1800s
For pickup or shipping, packaging tube and handling extra @ $10.00.
Some concerns have been expressed online about rail transport of LNG. The safety ramifications go well beyond oil transport. If you are interested, you can find useful info on LNG here:
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
From NS Explore Fri Jul 5, 2013 9:35 pm (PDT) . Posted by:“land_lubber” tjdeveau
Here is a six minute video that is sort-of an introduction to the longer video, it also includes some Aboriginal language story-telling at the end:
Monday, July 8, 2013
Now, the company’s aquaculture farm uses natural filtration to clean the water, and encourages biodiversity — even that of predators. “They take about 20 percent of our annual yield,” farmer and biologist Miguel Medialdea told TIME Magazine as a bird scooped up a sea bass. “But that just shows the whole system is working.”
Inspired by chef Dan Barber’s TED talk on the subject, we made the trek out one windy afternoon to learn about this holistic approach to growing fish.
Consider This! Business and Nature can work together to "profit" each partner!
Sunday, July 7, 2013
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
|English: The Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Entergy wants to stop Vermont regulators from having any say over its operations.This latest skirmish involves the building of a back-up diesel generator. Entergy claims the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requires the generator and that Vermont is getting in its way. It needs the Federal Court to stop any Vermont review of the proposal.
Hold on. Vermont's regulators already issued a proposal that would approve the generator. The only deadline is one that is self-imposed by Entergy. The current schedule allows a final decision even before Entergy's self-proclaimed "deadline."
So what's this really about? Entergy's world view seems to suggest that the less oversight it has the better. But that's not good for Vermont. The federal court should see through Entergy's antics and allow the Vermont proceedings to continue.
You can read Entergy's Complaint here and the State's reply here.
- State, Entergy head to federal court Tuesday over building of generator for Vermont Yankee
- Public Service Board officer recommends backup generator permit for Vermont Yankee
- Entergy files new lawsuit against Vermont, this time over diesel backup power permit
- Entergy Calls In Helicopter Air Saw To Help Storm Clean Up
|Boston, Mass. (Sept. 8, 2006) - A Coast Guard 25-foot response boat is flanked by two tugs as the Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) tanker Berge Boston is moored to the pier at an LNG facility in Boston. U.S. Coast Guard photo by Petty Officer 2nd Class Luke Pinneo (RELEASED) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Save Passamaquoddy Bay
PO Box 222
Eastport, ME 04631 News Stories & Editorial > Jun 3 [For faster page loading, go to our Latest News page.]
- East Coast LNG project gains momentum, strikes supply deal with Germany's E.ON
- Pieridae inks $35-billion deal for gas from Goldboro LNG
- Pieridae Energy signs LNG deal for proposed project in Goldboro, N.S.
- Contact Exploration's Goldboro LNG partner signs 20 year sales agreement with customer
- E.ON signs up for Goldboro LNG volumes
- E.ON confirms Canada LNG deal, denies plans to cancel Gazprom contracts