Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Today (Dec 31) Your Last Chance to Vote Fundy as One of 7 Natural Wonders
The Bay of Fundy is now competing in a worldwide contest to declare the New7 Wonders of Nature.
The Bay of Fundy is one of only 5 Canadian sites (& only Maritime site) selected to participate in this global contest.
Vote online at www.bayoffundytourism.com before December 31, when only one Canadian site is selected to represent our country during the 2009 phase of the contest. We want to be in the #1 spot by Dec 31, when only one site will go on to represent Canada in the 2009 phase of the contest.
If you need some reasons, here’s Fundy’s awesome case for becoming a New7Wonder of Nature:
- home to the highest tides in the world
- world renown geology and palaeontology
- summer feeding area for endangered North Atlantic Right whales
- critical feeding ground for 90+% of world’s semi-palmated sandpipers
- best site in the world for tidal power potential
- UNESCO has recently recognized upper Bay of Fundy as a Biosphere Reserve and Joggins Fossil Cliffs as a World Heritage Site
Currently the New7Wonders of Nature contest has over 400 worldwide sites participating and expects 1 billion online votes by the contest’s conclusion. It’s kind of like the Olympics for nature destinations!!
Canada AM is already planning to film in the winning region... That should be Fundy!!
Remember: you can vote with as many email addresses as you own. Please, if you haven’t already voted, go to our campaign domain address www.votemyfundy.com or use the links on our regular web page (see below).
If you have any questions, contact Bay of Fundy Tourism manager, Terri McCulloch 902-254-2772 or email@example.com or visit: www.bayoffundytourism.com